Not an asset to my husband

About two months before Mike died his mother and I got into a heated argument in which she told me I was a bad mother and not an asset to my husband. At first it pissed me off but now it really just makes me think...maybe it's true. 

I'm young and hope that one day I will marry again but not until I can be an asset to my future husband and children. I've given it a lot of thought and I can't stand the thought of failing someone else. I will not entertain the idea of marriage until I am completely self sufficient. 

This is easier said than done. I was married right out of high school and them again shortly after that divorce. I have never been on my own. And now with three kids. Of course, it's somewhat harder given the circumstances. Once divorced, once widowed. I will get my life in order and make myself proud. I won't let her words be my reality.

I'm scared. I was a stay at home mom for 6 years. I'm out of the loop in my industry. I will do it though. I will ignore the fear and find my way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant