The most important reason

The biggest reason I continue to fight the VA for a "service related" death is my kids.

Not for any education benefit or compensation so that they know their dad was sick and nothing they did or said made him leave. I never want my kids for even a fleeting second to think they were "bad" or were a burden to either one of us. 

I remind them everyday that we love them. Kids tend to blame themselves for everything. Even kids of divorce feel like "had I just been a better kid maybe they would have stayed". My biggest fear is that one day they might think they had some responsibility in his suicide. He loved his babies. They were the the reason he fought as long as he did. He tried. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant