Marriage

The dream post earlier has me thinking. The truth is...I hope I do get married again in my lifetime. I hope I can have that relationship. The bond that commitment brings. It's the one thing I know I can be good at. I guess, given my track record it appears otherwise. Divorced one. Widowed once. But I did love both men and the life we shared together. I learned a great deal from the experiences.

I say I'm never marrying again. I'm not cut out for it but I long for it. I like the security. I've never been unmarried as an adult and it's something I'm not taking for granted. I'm learning to "just be". As a person. An individual. 

I just don't see myself alone at the end of my life. I look at little old couples and wonder if I will get my chance to grow old with someone who will stick around into our golden years. I notice young parents with their first baby. The glow, the uncertainty and the love they exude hurts my heart. I think they are so lucky. Life is hard with a new family. It takes a ton of work and dedication. But there are so many things to look forward to for them.

I'm 35. Gosh, actually I will be 36 soon. Three months. I had a tubal ligation after the birth of my youngest. Nearly 8 years ago. I'm done having babies. I've got a terrible marriage rate. I've got three kids and no real plans in life. Not exactly "marriage material". But yet, I still dream of one day being someone's spouse.

I want the fairy tale. I've never been proposed to properly. I got married in a drive thru in Vegas with no one but Mike to share our moment with. We honeymooned with Mike in Iraq. Didn't live together until we were married almost 8 months. We always said we'd have a honeymoon make-up someday. It never happened with eleven years married. I just want what all girls want. I want to be promised forever. I want the promise to be kept. 

Will it actually happen? Eh, who knows? If not I will enjoy what I have and put that behind me like so many other hopes and dreams. Life is funny that way. god gives us what we need not what we want. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant