He made a choice

When speaking about the troubles with the VA I'm having a friend mentioned " the VA can only do so much. He made a choice to not seek medical attention."

I understand but he also made a choice to take his life. He wasn't thinking rationally, especially at the end of his life. Is it not my job to be his voice when he cannot speak? Maybe she's right. He made that choice. Maybe I am trying way to hard for something he didn't even want? His entire personality changed at the end. I found the last Facebook conversation we had before he passed. It was two weeks before.

He wasn't a racist man, or a hateful man. Something truly messed him up. How can I not fight for him knowing he didn't even know himself at that point?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant