It's Still There

As the kids and I were walking off school campus today and past the front office there was this enormous sound to the left of me. I was holding Kira hand as I always do but instinctively I threw her down to the ground and was about to jump on top of her when I realized what I was doing. My adrenaline was pumped and my heart was racing. I realized a kid had thrown a rock and it hit the office window. I didn't of course, realize this...until I threw my 8 year old to the ground and the sea of parents staff and students took notice. 

I was starting to think that I'd overcome the response before today. I guess it doesn't happen every single time I'm startled. Not like it did in the beginning.

Right now in the safety of my home my heart is still beating quite rapidly but mostly I'm just embarrassed because half the school saw me freak out.

The good news is the school years almost over. Next year someone else  can be the crazy mom. I will pass that torch on with pleasure. Oy Vey.

At least I still have my sense of humor...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant