BLACK

Pearl Jam - Black (Unplugged 1992): https://youtu.be/5ChbxMVgGV4

I distinctly remember the first time I heard this song. I was 14 years old. Something about the pain behind it brought me to tears. I didn't understand why I just knew it was the best I'd ever heard. I am 36 and it's still my favorite song. 22 years and the last line always gets me.

"I know some day you'll have a beautiful life. I know someday you'll be the sun in someone else's sky but why...why can't it be mine?"

The most tragically romantic thing I had ever heard in my entire life.

I have never told anyone about it. About how it spoke to me. How that one line made me weak in the knees everytime.

The night Mike died the last thing he said to me is "I want you and the kids to have a beautiful life..."

He couldn't have known. It had to be a coincidence. OR WAS IT?

If it wasn't I would have told him I was his. Through all the illness, the years and tears. His pain eclipsed the sun. It was there he just couldn't see it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant