I'm No Damsel In Distress

Sometimes I try  not to mention Mike's death in public not because I'm ashamed or because I want to forget him but people...men especially have a crazy urge to try to "save me". I am having a rough time but I don't want gifts, or pity or handouts. I want and will do this on my own.

What I want is an opportunity to prove myself, on my own merit to successfully raise my children. I want to be self sufficient. I know I am capable and competent. What I lack in some areas I more than make up with my sincere desire to support and assist others. I know a little about a lot of things. I'm a fast learner and as we can all see I can adapt in even the most stressful situations.

I will grab this life by the balls and set a good example for my kids. We will not only survive this but come out better, stronger, wiser.

So please, don't try to save me. When I speak of my experience it's not to garner sympathy. It's to help others who are going through it too or will soon.

If the help you want to give is guidance on making it, please feel free. I loved good honest advice. If you have knowledge of a job opening that might fit me I would love to hear it but I fully intend on rocking this life. I'm not a victim.

Give me a chance to prove it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant