I never want anyone to feel this

This happened just outside out subdivision this morning. http://fox2now.com/2014/03/11/school-bus-motorcycle-collide-in-wentzville/ and yesterday my neighbor was washing his bike. It happened right about the time he leaves for work in the AM. I froze. I screamed for Amanda to go over there and find out. Now. 

I broke down. Even though he was the guy who forced himself on me at the Halloween party and the wife of the woman who accused me of killing my husband, I was overwhelmed with sadness knowing he may be gone and their kids had no daddy or she would be alone...

About an hour later I saw his work truck pull up and he got out. The tears were rolling down my face. I ran over and knocked on the door and said I am so glad he's ok. I'm so thankful he's alright. I must have looked like a total loon. 

I saw past all my hurt and sadness to give thanks for his safety. Without even thinking. I just went.

I can't imagine anyone else feeling the sadness we do. I don't want to be their friend but I do want them to be happy. 

Kira walked into the garage and saw me crying. She asked what was wrong. I told her there was a bad car accident and two people died. She said in her infinite wisdom " mama sometimes people die for no reason....only because Jesus calls them home." 


My kids may be adjusting ok after all. And thank God, my neighbors are safe. I'm so sorry for the families of those killed today. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant