I Didn't Give Him What He Wanted

We talked a million times about final wishes when Mike was in the military. Eveytime he deployed it was discussed. His answer never changed. He wanted to be cremated, poured in a coffee can and tossed in the garbage should he die before me.

This is ridiculous. I told him that too. I told him it would never happen. If he wanted THAT I would have to be gone first. I would never do that. No one would.

The only part I was willing to do was cremation. And that was hard enough. A funeral was happening.  A full military service. Funerals aren't for the dead. They are gone. The service is for the survivors. The family. He would be honored and we would have some sort of closure.

I always did what he told me to do. Exactly how he told me to do it. I don't know how he'd feel about it. I know it was right. I guess I don't care. I did what I needed. What my kids needed. I hope when I die the kids do what they need to cope. I will be gone. I wont argue with them about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant