3 minutes can change your entire existence

From the time I got him to the garage until the shot was approximately three minutes. In those minutes my entire life changed. 

I'm realizing that I am more sensitive to commonly used phrases and figures of speech. Things that I know I have used in the past.

Here are some examples:

"This new song is mind blowing."
"if this computer crashes again I will kill myself"
"Well this is shot to hell!"
"Someone just shoot me"
"The battery on my phone died"

it's not something I mention when I hear, it's just a constant reminder and when I least expect it.  There is no way the entire world can possibly know my story and why the phrases break my heart.

...and people keep asking me where I stand on gun control now. I am still for the ownership of guns. My husband was trained for 20 years on properly and accurately using a rifle. If he can do it, any jack wagon can too. He respected his firearms. He knew how to use them. My only real wish is that people with mental illness be restricted...but like Mike, they aren't going to walk into thr store and declare they have mental issues, please give me a weapon.

people have also asked if I'm angry, bitter or resentful since His sad purchased the gun for him on Fathers Day. Absolutely not. The only person responsible for his death is himself and the war inside his head. I believe his father really thought the gun purchase was a bonding experience. He had no way of knowing what would happen. I hope he does not hold on to that guilt for a long time. Mike had been sick for many years but I kept it a secret. I tried to protect him. He refused he had a problem and I covered for him when he needed it. 

I absolutely support people keeping their right to protect themselves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant