CHURCH

Ive decided to look for a Church for my family. How do you find a church when your personal beliefs don't really fit any specific faith? I've been told if you don't believe all of it, you're not "xyz". Well I'm not any faith I've researched so far then. I have always identified myself as Christian. I believe in one God...and that's pretty much where it drops off. I have a strong spiritual and personal relationship to my God. I do believe he is a fair, loving, forgiving, accepting God. I do t believe he is a spiteful or angry God.

I believe in Gay marriage. If in God's eyes we are all his children and equal...and in heaven we are not man nor woman but joyfully loving spirit filled beings of light...why would he really care who we loved on Earth as long as we loved...and often? 

I don't think suicide is a sin. I certainly won't take my children to a church for them to tell them he's in hell for being mentally ill. I think we were put in a life to serve a purpose or gain experience. What we did was exactly what God intended us to do. I believe in reincarnation. I believe our spirits go through different lives to learn lessons and gain knowledge. Each life is lived exactly how long as intended. A divine assignment. We  may be wealthy and lonely in one life and die alone or we could be  dirt poor but surrounded by immense love and die far too early.  Both are incredible experiences that help complete a soul. Having lived and gaining empathy to all walks of life.

It's not exactly mainstream. I understand that. 

I'm pro choice. Just as God has given us free will, we should also on Earth.

I don't think a bigger church is closer to God. I don't condemn those who think so, it's just not  my belief.

My kids want to attend a church. I'd love to find a church that didn't shove their personal beliefs down my throat but just loved God and welcomed others to join them in doing so.

I was lucky enough as a child to be given the opportunity to attend many churches with my friends of varying faiths. My mom was raised strict Catholic and not given any other choice. As a mom she allowed us to explore and love God in our own way, find what felt best to us. It was perhaps the best gift she gave me in life. The freedom to have a personal relationship to my Maker.

So, back to my problem....how do you find a church who doesn't think you're just a hypocritical sinner?  I was t my kids to experience the closeness of church community. With family so far away having that will help fill in gaps. I just don't want more harm done than good.

I've decided to attend a few churches alone first. Get a feel for thrm. If it's comfortable I will include the kids. I'm not sure how else to know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant