I knew that was coming...

Kira and I were sitting on my bed playing with her new toy and she asked if tomorrow was a school day. I told her yes but it's the last day and she has the weekend off. She told me she wishes it was 6 days. I told her she had to wait til Thanksgiving. Then a spark lit in her eyes. She said after that is CHRISTMAS! I started to ask what she was going to ask Santa for....
...I knew the answer before it came from her lips and I felt my head pound and heart rate jump. 
...she wants Santa to bring Daddy home....
I had to tell her the truth. He can't do that but I miss him too. We all do. We talked about him and what we missed. Mas came in followed by Lu. We sat here on the bed and talked about how last Christmas Daddy spent all Christmas Day building all their gifts. It wasn't sad. It was a happy moment.

I think we are going to be okay after all.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant