It's been a month now.

At 11:17 tonight it will be a month he's been gone. I am not angry today. Sad, lonely and feeling abandoned. His death has had an effect on me in so many ways. My self confidence is at an all time low. I tried so hard to help him. 
My rational brain says he was sick and it wasn't my fault but my heart says I should have been a better wife. I should have given him more of a reason to stick around. There was no goodbye. No chance for me to plead with him to stay. He left no note. No closure at all.
I was married to him for almost 11 years. He and the kids were my life. I dropped everything to follow him, happily, wherever the Marines sent us. Now, there is no kiss goodbye every morning. I don't make him lunch. I have to stop myself from making purchases for him at the grocery store. I still pull a plate  out for him at dinner time. 
I've never been alone. I don't know how to do it. I've never made a choice without considering his opinion. I feel empty. 
The season premier to his favorite show is on tonight but I don't know if I can even watch it.
I wonder if I will ever be able to love again? I'm damaged goods. Will my children ever have a father figure? How can I ever trust anyone who comes around? I'm 35, have three children, divorced once....widowed once. It's not a good track record. I loved being married and committed. I have to learn to do this alone because he's not coming back. I'm scared. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant