He's All Around Me

Maybe I'm searching. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but he's with me everywhere I go. I get little signs. Little reminders of us.
We were in IHOP this evening waiting for our carry out order when our song came on the overhead speakers. Manda Kira and I stopped for a minute and just smiled. I looked up and a customer came to the register to pay wearing a Marines hoodie. He looked at me and winked. We are nowhere near a base. Seeing a hoodie is unusual. Not like Camp Pendleton. The nearest base is 3 hours away and it's Army.
It's just little moments that keep happening. We were together 11 years so maybe I can connect anything. Maybe I'm losing my mind. I don't know. 

I miss him. He was intolerable sometimes and drove me nuts but he was MY grumpy husband. For better or worse, sickness and health. Until death....maybe even after?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant