I Want You To Know

On Halloween you pointed your gun in my face. I heard the click and prepared for the pain that would follow but nothing happened. I want you to know who you nearly killed Monday October 31, 2016.

My name is Misty. I'm the widow of a Marine who died just three years ago in September. We have three children. Two of which stood on the balcony of our home and witnessed you pull the gun on me that night. Had my life been taken my children would have been left orphans. They are just 9, 11 and 17. They would have had to bury both parents before they were even out of their childhood.

This wasn't the first time I have been the victim of gun violence. My husband of 11 years took his own life in front of me with a rifle. A rifle he recieved for Father's Day. A rifle he was trained to use for 20 years in the Marine Corps. Had you killed me both parents of my children would have died by gun violence.

Watching my husband take his life gave me PTSD. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The same condition that took their father in 2013. Your poor choice to aim that gun at me caused me to relive the original trauma I experienced in his death. It has kept me up at night. I could have died and left my kids all alone in this world and that is unforgiveable.

I have spent the last three years fighting for my family and for our survival and you nearly killed me in spite of all of that. I didn't wrong you in any way. You didn't even know my name. My name is Misty Danielle Blum. I was born in Missouri. I have three children and my husband was a proud Marine for 20 years. He fought in three wars. He served his country only to die four months after retirement. Since his death I've dedicated my life to assisting Marines who are suicidal and suffer from PTSD. I live a life of service to my community just as my husband did before me. For this reason I will absolutely be prosecuting. I intend to live long enough to see my children through their childhood. I will continue to fight hard for them and for my community. You made a bad choice that night. One that has consequences and that may change the course of your life forever. I hope now you know exactly what you could have taken from three kids who did nothing wrong and deserve the best. You didn't know me before that night but you know me now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant