Onward and Upward!

I realized yesterday that I have successfully supported my family all on my own for the past four months. It's something I never thought I could do on my own. Seems so surreal sometimes. I never planned on being here but I played the hand I was dealt and I didn't lose.

I have more good days than bad. I'm not completely overwhelmed by the future and the unknown. When I stumble across something that belonged to Mike, I no longer burst into tears. I smile and take a moment to remember him with it and go on with my day. 

I've decided to make the move back to San Diego. It's where my kids grew up and where I feel most "at home". We came back to our hometown after Mije retired to settle down and start the rest of our life. Staying in this house makes me feel like my life is paused. It no longer feels like my home. I walk past the garage door daily knowing what happened on the other side just feet away. It's a constant reminder. I want to let it go. I want to remember how he smiled, how he lived...not how he died.

I'm excited about life now and eager to make plans. I have so much hope. I have three incredible kids and a man who loves me...knowing all my flaws and past. He too has a son that I can't wait to love as my own. 

I'm ready for the next chapter in my life. I am ready to live and love to the fullest. I know I'm heading in the right direction and I'm completely confident in my choices. For the first time in my life I'm jumping in eyes wide open with no fear. It's an amazing feeling. Life does go on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant