The Oddest Things

We are nearing a year since hes been gone and things are finally starting to aettle down. The kids are thriving and the loss no longer consumes my every thought...but still the oddest moments seem to break my heart.

Its nothing done intentionally. Earlier this week while going through a box in the garage I found one of his favorite shirts and instantly all the memories I have of him in it flooded my mind. I broke down and cried right there.

One of my friends husbands posted photos of his family on facebook today and asked how did he get so lucky to have such a beautiful family.

I was happy for him but it stung my heart. Why weren't we beautiful enough? Why didnt he hold on for us? I have to remind myself he was sick and it wasnt about us. It was about him. We didnt fail him. We loved him until the end.

I hope to one day be adored that way. For someone to be so proud of the life they created with us. Im sorry Mike isnt around to see the beauty he created.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant