The Ghost of Christmas Past


Today my husband and I finished our daughter's doll crib. We are both very proud. I know shes going to really love this thing. I hope its one of her fondest childhood gifts. She saw us finishing it up today. I lied and said it was an order for another kid. She was so bummed. She asked if daddy could maybe someday make her one. I wanted to cry but know on Christmas morning she will love it.

It really got me thinking. I remember quite clearly my favorite Christmas gift ever. It was 1985. I got a Hasbro Sleeping Real Baby. It came with birth announcements to send to friends and you named them yourself. I sat at my grandmas kitchen table and she helped me fill out the official birth certificate. I adored this baby doll. Her name was Michelle. ( My daughters middle name now!) She was really heavy like a real baby. Not plastic or hollow. Squishy even.

I cant remember anything else I got that year or any year before that but I will always remember that doll.

Here is a throwback commercial of the gem.


They totally creep me out now. The ones with open eyes all look like they have DS.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant