Life has Changed...

A year ago Mike, the kids and I had just moved back from California to Missouri. We had such high hopes for starting our life after retiring from the Marines. Mike was in good spirits for the most part and we were excited to move into our new place on a culdesac with a beautiful pink tree in the front yard and a amazing fire pit in the back. It was the perfect home. Mike was enrolling in school and I was determined to find a job. The kids were starting in the school district we attended as kids. Life was looking pretty good.
I had no idea a year later I'd be where I am today. What I learned is life changes and sometimes life changes YOU...and that's okay. We evolve. We take what we learned from our experiences and become better stronger people. I'm wiser than I was a year ago, I'm more prepared. I don't know what will happen or where life will take me but I know it's coming. I learned life is like being in the ocean. If you struggle against the current you will be worn out and taken under but if you relax and let the water take you down stream you'll come out at a different point...but you'll come out. 
I have made it down stream. The current has taken me in a different direction but I let it. I flailed at first, resisted change, went under a few times but I finally relaxed and let go. I don't have to be in control of every single thing in my life. 
We've been in San Diego two weeks now and my stress is down. I get sunshine everyday. The kids and I laugh again. A man loves me and I've made some great friends. We have a little apartment and everything we need. I'm finally content. I'm not waiting for anything. My mind is still. I know Mike is with us. I know he sent Sean to be everything he could not be but desperately wanted to give me. He sent him to walk the rest of this journey beside me. To watch over our kids and love them like his own. I am certain of it. And that's why it's so easy now. It feels right. 

Life has changed me. I let it. No regrets.

Comments

  1. Love everything about this post and I'm so Happy you are there. You Deserve all the Happiness in the World.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant