Self Restraint...Im working on it.

 I have many personality flaws. One is self restraint, especially in the area of keeping my opinions to myself. Its something that I have to work on daily. Some of it ADD but its mostly just me. Today, I exercised what little self restraint I do posses. It was super duper hard. But, I did it. *patting myself on the back*

My niece posted a photo of her little brother (not a relation to me. Her mom has hree babies, three baby daddies) on Facebook. He was wearing hunting camouflage.The same kind my former husband/her uncle/my sons father wears. I said "Hes wearing Camo just like *Uncle Tony*. Nice!" Harmless. No biggie. Not another thought. I came back on a few hours later to see her aunt (Her moms sister, not related to me and has hated me since highschool when I stole her boyfriends) commented "No, hes wearing an outfit like *'some other douchebag-not relevant to the story'*. Please do not associate him with *Tony*".

I was baffled and also offended. I then asked what exactly she meant by that. Hes my sons father and a good man. She posted "We're just doing to leave it at that. Thank you". I told her to grow up and that I was completely embarrassed for her at that moment.


This is where my self restraint was practiced. I had many things I could have said like perhaps mentioning that the childs father just got out of jail for assault, is a drug addict, a registered sex offender and currently listed homeless in the offender database...but I refrained. I can see how my sons father would be unsuitable in comparison. Its not the kids fault his parents are d-bags. I could have said "That kid doesn't look retarded at all. I expected he would be with the amount of drugs his mom was ingesting while she was pregnant!'  Again, its not his fault. (Really, who makes fun of babies anyway?)

I actually have a very good relationship with my ex-husband. We know the importance of this in raising our son. I can say it was not always this amicable and although hes my former not my current husband I am still not cool with people bad mouthing him...especially in comparison to the likes of the paternal criminal noted above. Ask yourself this question? Is her child's father even in his kids life? It would probably be beneficial for your nephew to be around my sons father. I guess you can always swing by his dad's cardboard box or wait for his next visitation at jail. He'll go back sooner or later.

The likeness is uncanny
You wouldn't know about relationships, or parenting... seeing no guy has ever put up with you long enough to marry you or procreate. Thank God. I would look into sterilization as a permanent form of birth control just in case. If you plan on parenting like your sister... it's a good idea.

Yeah, I am offended. Think before you speak. I am proud *I* did in the presence of our 13 year old niece. I would loan you a bit of self restraint but I am low and using all I have. *Thank you*







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Domestic Violence Allegations and Personality Disorders

Service Member Suicide

The Gentle Giant