I understand there may be hesitation on passing Clay Hunt. If you've never had to rely on the VA for mental health services you'd think programs are currently in place. On paper it looks as though a comprehensive range of services are provided. I can tell you personally it's just not working. I can give you 22 reasons a day. 22 veterans take their lives daily in the United States. My husband was one. He became a statistic on September 15, 2013. It was just four months after he retired from the Marine Corps. He left behind myself and our three children. I became a widow at 34. My children were six, eight and 13 when he died. My youngest, the only girl, may not even remember her father as time goes by. He won't be there to see them graduate, or to walk his daughter down the aisle on her wedding day. Every 65 minutes another child loses their daddy, another wife loses her identity and a family is forever severed. We were not awarded life insurance or death benefits and ...
Comments
Post a Comment